We are excited to host the 5th Annual Kickoff Klassic in Chillicothe Ohio May 31 – June 2, 2019. The Kickoff Klassic is an Invitational tournament that is open to both Junior American Legion and 16U travel baseball programs. Interested teams should contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the tournament.
Here are the final tournament details:
Dates: May 31 – June 2, 2019
Cost: $500 entry (covers baseballs, umpires & team award to top 3 teams)
Games: All teams will play a minimum of 4 games (weather permitting)
Fields: VA Memorial Stadium, Chillicothe 757 Hoffman Field, Chillicothe 62 Ross Park, Chillicothe HS & Adena HS fields will be available for the tournament.
- Chillicothe Post 757
- Chillicothe Post 757 15s
- Ottawa Post 63
- Portsmouth Post 23
- This is an invitational Junior American Legion Baseball Tournament and any rule not addressed specifically below will be covered by the most current version of the National American Legion Rule Book for Junior American Legion Baseball competition.
- 16U travel teams are also invited to participate in the tournament.
- Either drop -3 BBCOR-certified or wood bats may be used in the tournament.
- A coin-flip is conducted to determine home team for all games in pool play; higher seed will be home team after tournament seeding is complete.
- Teams will play seven-inning games (weather permitting).
- A two-hour time limit will be in effect for all games on Friday & Saturday of the tournament; the official time will be noted by the home plate umpire and start from the 1st pitch of the game (NOTE: It is the responsibility of both coaches to determine start time with the umpire). No new innings will start after 2 hours. If a game is tied when the two hour time limit goes into affect the shootout rule applies: The visiting team puts the player that made the last out in the previous inning on second base. All new batters start with 3 balls & 2 strikes. Teams will begin the inning with 0 outs. After 2 extra innings are completed and the game remains tied, both teams will tie and be credited with 1/2 a point for seeding purposes. All teams should be at the field at least 30 minutes prior to their game time - the next game will start 15 minutes after the previous game.
- No time limit will be used in the championship round on Sunday.
- The Home team will be the official book for that particular game. Visiting coaches are encouraged to check with the home team coaches to make sure books are in sync.
- In the event of a forfeit the winning team will be credited with a 1-0 victory for seeding purposes. If possible, the tournament committee will resolve forfeits by making scheduling changes. Forfeits will be used ONLY if schedule changes can not be made to accommodate teams.
- The Chillicothe Post 757 Colts, as the host team in the tournament, shall have the right to use their dugout (third base dugout) at Joseph W. Hoffman Field. The Post 62 Riverbats, as a host team in the tournamnent, shall have the right to use their dugout (third base dugout) at Ross County Park.
- All coaches shall use best judgment related to pitching restrictions; The revised American Legion pitch count rules shall be in effect for the 2018 tournament.
- NOTE: the tournament will not monitor pitching but expects coaches to use best judgment and adhere to established tournament pitch count rules.
- The 10-run mercy rule will be in effect after 5 innings of play or 4 1/2 innings if the home team has the last at bat.
- All final game scores shall be texted to the tournament directors by both coaches within one hour of game being completed
- 2018 Championship - Miami Valley Prospects wins 10-8 over the Circleville Post 134 Panthers
- 2017 Championship - Chillicothe Post 757 (7) knocks off Utica Post 92 (5)
- 2016 Championship - Co-Champions Circleville Post 134 & Pickerington Post 283 (tie ball game, called after 1 inning of sudden death due to darkness, 0-0 game!)
- 2015 Championship - Sissonville Post 94 (7) knocks off Beverly Post 750/389 (5)
- Beverly Post 750/389
- Cambridge Post 84
- Chillicothe Post 62
- Chillicothe Post 757
- Cincinnati Hornets
- Circleville Post 134
- Columbus Sharks
- Dayton Classics
- Grove City Post 164
- Jackson Post 81
- Lancaster Post 11
- Marietta Post 64
- Miami Valley Prospects
- Ohio CustomX
- Pickerington Post 283
- Portsmouth Post 23
- Sissonville WV Post 94
- Southern Ohio Athletics
- Tri-County Timberwolves
- Union Post 79
- Utica Post 92
- Washington CH Post 25
- Waverly Post 142